Sunday, March 9, 2008

Book Taggy Thing.

I was tagged by the amazing and luminous Allegory Malaprop (who frequently employs my favorite words).

So the rules are…
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I did not pick the nearest book, I am not so good with following rules. I also have a giant wall of a bookshelf with far too many to choose from and the nearest ones as you walk around the corner are all photography books. I picked at random, sort of, a book I haven't read in years and years.

-
Tacked to my door, I found a note that said "Rats Eat Cats," and then he had drawn a picture of a muscle-bound rat decapitating a kitten.
When I realized I'd lost two of my darlings, I felt very old - tired and resigned, like nothing could ever fill in that missing space.
Then I sat on the stoop and thought about how the Cat Lady Project is also about a kind of vacancy, a sort of perpetually windswept room that needs to be filled up with small, velvety creatures who can always be replaced, because without their warmth and purring and nonjudgmental love reflex, the emptiness would overwhelm a girl.

I'm going to tag Melatonin Hax, Kiki Cunningham, Crystyle Bukowski, Your Mom and Satan.

No comments: